[osg-users] Hosting non-OSG-core projects on OSG servers

Robert Osfield robert.osfield at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 02:25:27 PST 2009

Hi Chris,

On Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 10:40 PM, Chris 'Xenon' Hanson
<xenon at alphapixel.com> wrote:
>  I'm about to begin working on a project with some significant interest to OSG
> developers. I'm wondering if this is a time where it would be appropriate to ask if I
> should go set up hosting under Google Code, or if we think it's appropriate to start
> hosting non-core projects (like osgPango, osgWidget, etc etc) on OSG's own server.
>
>  Robert, how do you feel about this?

I has been my intention that osgforge.osg with associated hosting on
the OSG server to fulfill this role.  One limit is that Jose's
university hosts the OSG server and has to agree to each new project
hosted, perhaps Jose can expand on this.

Whatever we end up going for it would be good to get away from having
lots OSG projects distributed all over the web and presented in
totally different ways.