[osg-users] Hosting non-OSG-core projects on OSG servers

Chris 'Xenon' Hanson xenon at alphapixel.com
Fri Nov 6 14:40:03 PST 2009

  I'm about to begin working on a project with some significant interest to OSG
developers. I'm wondering if this is a time where it would be appropriate to ask if I
should go set up hosting under Google Code, or if we think it's appropriate to start
hosting non-core projects (like osgPango, osgWidget, etc etc) on OSG's own server.

  Robert, how do you feel about this?

  I'm ok either way, but I feel increasing the visibility and accessibility of solid and
widely-used non-core projects like these is an important goal in the long run.

  One of the things that Google code has that OSG's trac doesn't seem to have switched on
is an issue tracker. I know Robert's not that crazy about them, but I feel it would be a
good thing even for core OSG. In this way, we can see what's in the queue and see about
having other people pick up and resolve known issues.