[osg-users] osgText artifacts

Jean-Sébastien Guay jean-sebastien.guay at cm-labs.com
Fri Nov 6 11:43:46 PST 2009

Hi Don,

> Thanks for the rapid response.  I was fully expecting the first reply to be
> advice about getting rid of the antenna and switching to cable.

Hehe, I love your colorful way of putting it. :-)

> I have read your posts on osgPango bfore.  This may be the motivation to
> check it out close up and personal.

osgPango rules, but in case you can settle for something "good enough",
you can generally get away with making sure that your text always starts
at integer pixel coordinates (i.e. its bottom-left corner). This is
obviously hard/impossible in some cases (like right-justified or
centered text, or text placed in world space instead of screen space)
but it normally works well.

If those constraints don't fit with what you need to do, then absolutely
have a look at osgPango, its text output is just stellar in all
circumstances and you can do lots more cool stuff with it than with osgText.

J-S
Jean-Sebastien Guay    jean-sebastien.guay at cm-labs.com
                                http://www.cm-labs.com/
                         http://whitestar02.webhop.org/