[osg-users] Epic releases free version of Unreal Editor

Jean-Sébastien Guay jean-sebastien.guay at cm-labs.com
Fri Nov 6 09:02:10 PST 2009

Hi all,

> looks much better

I didn't mean to start a discussion about engine licensing and use. I
assumed that if we're here it's probably because we want to use OSG and
design / write our own engines!

I was focusing on the toolset. And in fact, I was probably overly
enthusiastic about the Unreal toolset being available, because the
licensing terms say that it (the engine in this case includes the
toolset) can only be used for free for noncommercial and educational
projects. So that rules out using it to make assets for an OSG-based
commercial project, which is what I was excited about.

Oh well. I guess Blender + text editor is still the (free) toolset of
choice...

J-S
Jean-Sebastien Guay    jean-sebastien.guay at cm-labs.com
                                http://www.cm-labs.com/