[osg-users] osgCairo: draw curves on top of image

Riccardo Corsi riccardo.corsi at vrmmp.it
Thu Nov 5 10:44:40 PST 2009

Hi all,

I'm trying to use the nice osgCairo library to draw some curves on top of an
image.
 I wasn't able to to that, because after loading an osgCairo::image with
data coming from an osg::Image, whatever path I stroke or fill on it, it's
used as a mask, instead of draw on top of it ( see attached image,
screenshot of a modified osgCairoViewer)
 Is there a way to achieve what I'm looking for?

I've also found a possible issue/bug under Windows: the image colors don't
match between osg and cairo.
You may notice it slightly in the screenshot of osgcairoViewer provided here
by Jean-Sebastien (almost white, it's difficult to notice)
http://lists.openscenegraph.org/pipermail/osg-users-openscenegraph.org/2008-November/018634.html
I made it more evident with another image in the attached screenshot.
For the image to look fine I had to swap some colors, like RGBA -> BGRA,
despites of what the cairo settings state in the viewer example
(CAIRO_FORMAT_ARGB32).

If you give me some pointers, I can try to take a look into the code and see
if I can fix it.

Thank you,
Ricky

--