[osg-users] [osgPPU] osgPPU HDR problem with cycles

Sebastien Nerig overseb77 at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 5 06:57:12 PST 2009

Hi,

I am actually porting your HDR sample in my application.
In this example, you are using a cycle dependancy (between adaptedLuminance and adaptedLuminance child) to get the previous frame average luminance scene.

When I use your application, it works well.
But in my application, I have got stack overflow assert in the recursiv osg function group::SetThreadSafeRefUnref(...) because (I guess) it is looping on the cycle without any chance of exit

Code:
void Group::setThreadSafeRefUnref(bool threadSafe)
{
    Node::setThreadSafeRefUnref(threadSafe);

    for(NodeList::const_iterator itr=_children.begin();
        itr!=_children.end();
        ++itr)
    {
        (*itr)->setThreadSafeRefUnref(threadSafe);
    }
}

I did deeply have a look on your sample but I do not understand why it is working in your example ...
What did I forget ?

I am using osgPPU 0.4.0 with OSG 2.8.2

Cheers,
Sebastien