[osg-users] Setting up VPBMaster

Robert Osfield robert.osfield at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 08:41:32 PST 2009

HI Jacob,

Porting between OSG-1.2 to OSG-2.x should not be that difficult.  The
same design for OSG-1.2 should work for OSG-2.x.  The core scene graph
is very little change in general principles and the bulk of the API.
The main difference between OSG-2.x and OSG-1.2 is that osgViewer
replaces osgProducer.  osgProducer::Viewer and osgViewer::Viewer are
design wise pretty equivalent, so while the implementations and API
are different that aren't completely different types of beasts.

A couple of days spent porting to OSG-2.x will likely save you far
more days in project time.  It might not even take you that long.
W.r.t your design docs, just renamed osgProduce to osgViewer and
you'll be most of the way there.

Robert.