[osg-users] Crash in nVidia driver : particles + dynamically adding/removing views

Jean-Sébastien Guay jean-sebastien.guay at cm-labs.com
Wed Nov 4 06:44:08 PST 2009

Hi J.P.,

> Did the shared context version I previously attached work on Windows?
> Just curious. When I tried it on Linux I could add/remove many times.

Yes, it does. I don't quite understand the tradeoffs of using shared
contexts. Does it mean the draws to both windows won't be multithreaded
but need to be serialized? What other tradeoffs are there? There has to
be a downside, otherwise we'd always use only one context shared across
all windows, right?

Thanks,

J-S
Jean-Sebastien Guay    jean-sebastien.guay at cm-labs.com