[osg-users] How should I organize the scene graph to handle 2 million points and lines?

Angus Lau angus.lau at safe.com
Tue Nov 3 12:36:24 PST 2009

Hi,

Thank you for both of your help. It seems that PagedLOD is what I need to use to reduce CPU memory usage. I have tried to use PagedLOD briefly before, but I am not clear how I can make PagedLOD unload the unused child nodes once those child nodes are loaded. It seems that my PagedLOD nodes do not remove the nodes once it creates the child nodes. Could you please give me some explanation about the proper way of using it??

Thank you!

Cheers,
Angus

Read this topic online here: