[osg-users] sRGB frame buffer

Jason Daly jdaly at ist.ucf.edu
Tue Nov 3 08:39:48 PST 2009

Tugkan Calapoglu wrote:
> I found out that one can simply call
>
> stateset->setMode( GL_FRAMEBUFFER_SRGB_EXT , osg::StateAttribute::ON);
>
> to enable sRGB mode. An explicit OSG support is not necessary.
>
> I didn't try something like this with sRGB texture formats yet.

Glad to hear you got it working.

It turns out I was wrong anyway.  The SRGB tokens are in the
osg/GL2Extensions header (including the new texture formats from
EXT_texture_SRGB).  Not sure how I missed those before...  I still can't
find the tokens for GLX/WGL, so I'm not sure how that affects what
you're trying to do (the spec is vague to me on what those tokens
actually do).

It seems that the only changes to enable sRGB functionality are new
tokens anyway (no new functions were defined), so it shouldn't be too
much of a stretch to get it going.

--"J"