[osg-users] [vpb] Can I build a round earth with DEM?

Tueller, Shayne R Civ USAF AFMC 519 SMXS/MXDEC Shayne.Tueller at HILL.af.mil
Tue Nov 3 07:23:26 PST 2009

Yes you can by using the "-d" option followed by the terrain file in VPB.
VPB will stitch in the terrain (if it's geospecific) into the ellipsoid...

-Shayne

-----Original Message-----
From: osg-users-bounces at lists.openscenegraph.org
[mailto:osg-users-bounces at lists.openscenegraph.org] On Behalf Of Lv Qing
Sent: Wednesday, October 28, 2009 9:40 AM
To: osg-users at lists.openscenegraph.org
Subject: [osg-users] [vpb] Can I build a round earth with DEM?

Hi,

I have created an earth model with VPB ( an ellipsoid with earth texture) by
the instruction post in
http://www.openscenegraph.org/projects/osg/wiki/Support/UserGuides/osgdem.
(osgdem --bluemarble-west -t land_shallow_topo_west.tif --bluemarble-east -t
land_shallow_topo_east.tif -l 8 -o earth.ive -a earth.osga)

Can I just add some small area of DEM in the suface  of this round earth?

Thank you!

Cheers,
Lv

Read this topic online here: