[osg-users] Setting up VPBMaster

Jacob Armstrong jacob88 at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 3 06:04:01 PST 2009

Chris,

I want to thank you again for all your help on this issue. I've got my fingers crossed for this to work, but we've already come up with some ideas of how to cut this down for the next run. My manager knows I've been in contact with you on this, and she was wondering if you part of the development team for OpenSceneGraph, or if you're a knowledgeable user or what? I told her I wasn't sure, but you seemed to know more about this stuff that I do.  :)

I wanted to ask you something else on OSGDem if that's ok. I posted another thread about what to do if OSGDem crashes during a run, but I haven't gotten any responses to it. I was wondering if there's any log file or any way OSGDem can pick up where it left off (or somewhere close to it) after a crash, or does it have to start from the beginning again? Do you happen to know about this?

Thanks again!

> Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009 15:17:42 -0700
> From: xenon at alphapixel.com
> To: osg-users at lists.openscenegraph.org
> Subject: Re: [osg-users] Setting up VPBMaster
>
> Jacob Armstrong wrote:
> > Believe it or not, this is just a 2D Map, view from above, and we're not
> > utilizing any 3D capabilities what-so-ever. I agree that it seems like
> > overkill to use such a powertool to generate something fairly basic, but
> > I can't speak to the process that got us where we were. Decisions have
> > been made based on factors that I'm not aware of, and past experiences
> > that I was not present for. I'm only the next guy in line who's picking
> > up a process already in progress. Now I'm just looking for verification
> > or denial that the process will work as is, and if possible, some
> > alternative solutions that already exist, are quick, and are cheap. My
> > back is against the wall for a deadline, and it's too late to propose an
> > alternative, but maybe not a slight alteration the process. I appreciate
> > all your input, and I hope to find a solution in all this! Thanks!
>
> Well, you're totally off the map so to speak here, so we have no idea if you'll succeed.
>
> When you rally hit the wall, drop me a note and I'll code you something that actually
> does what you want and works. ;)
>

> Good luck.
>
> --
> Chris 'Xenon' Hanson, omo sanza lettere Xenon AlphaPixel.com
> PixelSense Landsat processing now available! http://www.alphapixel.com/demos/
> "There is no Truth. There is only Perception. To Perceive is to Exist." - Xen

Find the right PC with Windows 7 and Windows Live.
http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/pc-scout/laptop-set-criteria.aspx?cbid=wl&filt=200,2400,10,19,1,3,1,7,50,650,2,12,0,1000&cat=1,2,3,4,5,6&brands=5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16&addf=4,5,9&ocid=PID24727::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:WWL_WIN_evergreen2:112009