[osg-users] Databasepager + multiple views + different camerapositions = memory leak?

Wojciech Lewandowski lewandowski at ai.com.pl
Mon Nov 2 03:08:34 PST 2009

Hi Sergey,

Have you tried to read DB with CACHE_NONE options ? Its really blind shot,
and I will most probably miss, but its easy to test, so thought I would let
you know about this. We have recently dealt with PageLOD leak problem.
Database was build using our proprietary tools. However, this DB is very
similar to VPB databases. It turned out that object cache was involved into
equation. We had to remove CACHE_NODES flag from options to prevent the code
from memory leaking. I am not sure what are mechanics of this problem, and
if we always had this problem or it started to be nastier when we added some
more detail.  Butt we noticed this recently and had to make workarounds.
One may say that default DB options do not include CACHE_NODES flag, so most
probably do not affect your case, but I noticed that defaults have set
CACHE_ARCHIVE and TXP are treatead as archives, so I thought I would let you
know about this.

Wojtek