[osg-users] [osgOcean] 3D model material display error!

Jan Ciger jan.ciger at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 02:31:42 PST 2009

Kim Bale <kcbale at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi Jan, Tian,
>
> osgOcean uses shaders for pretty much every effect in the scene -
> fogging, depth of field, glare, lighting etc. If objects that are
> added to the scene are to look consistent with the ocean effects they
> will require a shader to be applied that takes into account these
> effects. This is particularly necessary if the fullscreen effects are
> used as they require the alpha component of the frame buffer to work.
> Alternatively you can turn the default shader off completely with
> setter in OceanScene.

Thanks for the exhaustive answer Kim! That will save me some digging.

BTW, I was trying to run osgOcean full screen on a screen with a resolution
2496x1050 (2x 1400x1050 but with a projector overlap in the middle, so not
full 2800px) and it was never properly full screen. Or rather the OSG window
was, but the scene was clipped somehow and not filling the whole window. Is the
code silently reducing the size to make it power of 2, by chance? Or is there
a hardwired limit somewhere?

I have a resize callback calling setScreenDims() already and it works for the
most cases.

Jan