[osg-users] problem with quadro cards & database pager / terrapage terrains = black tiles

vin baines vin_13 at excite.com
Mon Nov 2 01:06:31 PST 2009

Hi all,

Has anyone experienced problems with quadro cards and large terrains? I'm loading a pretty big (~8gb) terrapage file (using Delta3D 2.3.0 which i think is built against osg 2.8.0), and on a standard nvidia card it works fine.

Using exactly the same software, i've tested it on two different machines with quadro cards and I get a combination of missing tiles or tiles appearing black (but with a changing alpha value depending on camera orientation). At different LODs the black tiles will change to a proper tile, but if the tile was though to be missing it will never load in.

It's not always the same tiles causing the problem, and it almost seems that if i quit the app and re-run it up then the problem is less. its really unpredictable. have tried turning all the graphics card options (e.g. anisotropic filters etc) off and on and neither makes much difference. The card has 512mb memory on it so wouldn't have thought that would cause a problem...

Really confusing!!

Any thoughts gratefully received!!

Vins

Read this topic online here: