[osg-users] [osgOcean] Wind speed representation

Jan Ciger jan.ciger at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 00:16:43 PST 2009

"Dimitrios Filiagos" <dfiliago at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if there is a connection of wind speed parameter of the
>  ocean surface to real world wind speed. Is it representing m/sec or Km/h
>  or it has some connection with ocean sea state?

I am not an oceanographer, but if you take the values as speed in m/s the
water surface looks reasonable for that speed. E.g. wind speed 12 gives you
pretty big waves with foamy tops already - which matches quite well the 43
km/h wind speed. How accurate the simulation is I have no idea.

Regards,

Jan