[osg-users] OSG uniforms in GLSL shaders

Kim Bale kcbale at googlemail.com
Sun Nov 1 02:35:34 PST 2009

Hi Himar,

Just include

uniform mat4 osg_ViewMatrixInverse;

at the top of your shader. osg_ViewMatrixInverse is automatically
initialised by the scenegraph and used as a sort of global uniform so
I would think that its a problem with your shader code rather than the
uniform itself.

You can see an example of it in use in the default shader in the
OceanScene class (in osgOcean) where it's used to extract the the
model matrix from gl_ModelViewMatrix.

i.e. vec4 worldVertex = (osg_ViewMatrixInverse*gl_ModelViewMatrix) * gl_Vertex;

Regards,

Kim.