[osg-users] Problems integrating MFC example with existing application

Simon s.d.hammett at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 30 10:23:48 PDT 2008

Yup, the mfc example is broken.
If you don't mind it being single threaded, have a look at the
osgViewerGtk one.
I adapted that to work with OwlNext2 in about half an hour.

you want something like this:

osgViewer::GraphicsWindow*    m_pWindow =
m_pViewer->setUpViewerAsEmbeddedInWindow(0, 0, rect.right, rect.bottom);
osgViewer::Viewer*
m_pViewer->setThreadingModel(osgViewer::Viewer::SingleThreaded);

then forward window events on using

   void TGlWindow::EvMouseMove(uint /*modKeys*/, TPoint& point)
   {
      m_pWindow->getEventQueue()->mouseMotion(point.x, point.y);
   }

Repeat for other windows messages.

Not sure what's wrong with the MFC one at the mo, I was going to start
poking around
but then it was the end of the working day! :)