[osg-users] osgPPU and multiple processor

alexandre amyot murray alex.amyotmurray at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 14:01:50 PDT 2008

Hi Art,

It works fine to switch between multiple processor, with or without
osg::Switch. It was my error.... too many threads in my application :D

Thanks

Alex

> Hi Alexandre,
>
> I have never tried to alternate osgppu's processors dynamicly while
rendering. I am not sure if it is a good idea at all (even also for other
kind of osg nodes), since osg provides a mechanism called osg::SwitchNode
which do the trick.

> Could you try to use the SwitchNode as a parent node for the processors.
This will force to render only the active processor hence changing effects
on the fly. I think this wouldn't make troubles, however I am not sure ;)

> If this doesn't help, could you then provide me with a small example code
reproducing the error. This would be helpful to eliminate the issue.