[osg-users] osgscreencapture to videobuffer async

Robert Osfield robert.osfield at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 07:23:45 PDT 2008

Hi Ralf,

You can only do the glReadPixel call from the graphics thread so you
can't thread this, all you can do is hide the cost of download from
the GPU by using a double buffered PBO, as the osgscreencapture
example illustrates.  To thread the writing of data you'll need to
have a ring buffer of imagers that the draw thread writes to, and a
background writing thread reads from.

Robert.