[osg-users] osgscreencapture to videobuffer async

Jean-Sébastien Guay jean-sebastien.guay at cm-labs.com
Thu Sep 25 07:11:16 PDT 2008

Hi Ralf,

>> It should be possible to put the 12 in another thread, but I was
>> vondering if it would be possible to do the same with part of the
>> glReadPixels call using PBO's.
>
> Check out the osgscreencapture example, I think it does exactly what
> you're thinking and will show you the details.

Err, sorry I read your message quickly and didn't see the subject, which
would have told me you *did* see the osgscreencapture example! *sheepish
grin*

I'll let others answer your question then, but I suspect using PBOs
instead of glReadPixels will be significantly faster even if you can't
multithread it (which you may be able to do, not sure).

Sorry for the confusion...

J-S
Jean-Sebastien Guay    jean-sebastien.guay at cm-labs.com
                                http://www.cm-labs.com/