[osg-users] loading vrml segfault

Ben Axelrod baxelrod at coroware.com
Wed Sep 24 11:41:14 PDT 2008

This page indicates that OpenInventor only supports VRML 1.0 files.  (http://www.openscenegraph.org/projects/osg/wiki/Support/UserGuides/Plugins)  And from my own experience, OpenVRML only supports VRML 2.0 files.  Can OSG handle both of these libraries at the same time?

I am a little doubtful since the VRML file must be parsed before it can be determined if it is VRML 1.0 or VRML 2.0.  And OpenVRML segfaults when trying to load a VRML 1.0 file.

Does anyone have any experience supporting both VRML 1.0 and VRML 2.0 file types?

Thanks,
-Ben