[osg-users] Question about plane intersections

Argentieri, John-P63223 John.Argentieri at gdc4s.com
Wed Sep 24 10:34:53 PDT 2008

Both very nice ideas. Thanks guys!

________________________________

From: osg-users-bounces at lists.openscenegraph.org
[mailto:osg-users-bounces at lists.openscenegraph.org] On Behalf Of Glenn
Waldron
Sent: Wednesday, September 24, 2008 1:25 PM
To: OpenSceneGraph Users
Subject: Re: [osg-users] Question about plane intersections

On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 1:02 PM, Argentieri, John-P63223
<John.Argentieri at gdc4s.com> wrote:

	Gentlemen,

	Can anyone point me to something that would be useful in OSG for
solving the problem of making a set of contour lines similar to those
seen on maps? I'd like to provide osg with a plane and get the shape
created by the intersection with the plane.

	Your advice is greatly appreciated.

	Thanks,

	John Argentieri

Have you looked into osgUtil::PlaneIntersector?  It will return the
results of an intersection at a set of polylines. You can then create
osg::Geometry from the polylines to visualize it.

Glenn

--
Glenn Waldron : Pelican Mapping : http://pelicanmapping.com :
+1.703.652.4791