[osg-users] Question about plane intersections

Glenn Waldron gwaldron at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 10:24:32 PDT 2008

On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 1:02 PM, Argentieri, John-P63223 <
John.Argentieri at gdc4s.com> wrote:

>  Gentlemen,
>
> Can anyone point me to something that would be useful in OSG for solving
> the problem of making a set of contour lines similar to those seen on maps?
> I'd like to provide osg with a plane and get the shape created by the
> intersection with the plane.
>
> Your advice is greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> John Argentieri

Have you looked into osgUtil::PlaneIntersector?  It will return the results
of an intersection at a set of polylines. You can then create osg::Geometry
from the polylines to visualize it.

Glenn

--
Glenn Waldron : Pelican Mapping : http://pelicanmapping.com :