[osg-users] Extracting embedded Textures

Paul Speed pspeed at progeeks.com
Tue Sep 23 22:11:27 PDT 2008

I almost hate to draw attention to this but just in case it ever matters...

For various reasons, I ended up writing some IVE readers in Java.
Mostly because I had some .ive files that no version of OSG I had
available would load correctly.  And partly because this is the sort of
thing that feeds an odd manic part of my brain.

At any rate, the stuff is implemented to allow code configurable
profiles because I was pretty sure I was going to have to hack a
non-standard version.  The result of which is something that is almost
like documentation... in code:
http://meta-jb.cvs.sourceforge.net/meta-jb/sandbox/src/java/org/progeeks/osg/io/StandardIveConfiguration.java?revision=1.11&view=markup

Each supported object type has an individual object profile with field
types added (with an optional version designator).

I never finished it so there are some objects that aren't defined yet
but I got it to the point that it could load all of my own IVE files and
I was able to determine more about what was wrong with my bad ones.
There have also been some changes in the IVE format that are harder to
configure this way (byte ordering changes, etc.)... one day I may even
get back to it.

Not sure it's at all useful, but it does centrally describe (in a way)
the IVE format... with a little translation.  Other than that, it's
probably only useful to me. :)

-Paul