[osg-users] Problems with multi-monitor and DrawThreadPerContext mode

Jean-Sébastien Guay jean-sebastien.guay at cm-labs.com
Fri Sep 19 06:20:26 PDT 2008

Hi Serge,

> My application uses a CompositeViewer with different osgViewer::View for
> each window, I'll try different setups to see if it still crash.

If osgviewer (or osgcompositeviewer) itself does not crash, and your app
crashes, you could try to start with osgviewer.cpp (or
osgcompositeviewer.cpp) and work up to something that looks like your
application. Add one thing at a time, and test to see if the crash happens.

At this point it's really hard to say if the problem you're seeing is an
OSG bug, a driver bug or a bug in your application, but since no one
here seems to be able to reproduce what you're seeing, I'd suspect the
latter until you can prove the contrary... So as I said, work up from
something simple that doesn't crash to something that looks like your
app, and you might find what you're doing that causes the crash.

Hope this helps,

J-S
Jean-Sebastien Guay    jean-sebastien.guay at cm-labs.com
                                http://www.cm-labs.com/