[osg-users] Profiler with OSG

Jean-Sébastien Guay jean-sebastien.guay at cm-labs.com
Fri Sep 19 06:10:32 PDT 2008

Hi Vincent,

> No one never profile his OSG code ?

I think everyone has different ways of working. I tend to evaluate
performance with the Stats Handler and try out different variations of
algorithms to see which one performs better. I've rarely needed to do
actual profiling.

When I did need to, I've used AQTime and gDebugger for general and
OpenGL profiling respectively. Neither is free though.

Apparently if you're on Linux you can use valgrind to find memory leaks
(and I hear that either it understands ref_ptr natively or there's a
workaround to eliminate the related false positives) and oprofile to
profile your code. I don't work on Linux enough to have had to use them
myself though.

Sorry I can't help more,

J-S
Jean-Sebastien Guay    jean-sebastien.guay at cm-labs.com