[osg-users] CompositeViewer, update traversal, prerender branch

Robert Osfield robert.osfield at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 04:02:24 PDT 2008

Hi Fabian,

The first problem to resolve is the fact that views are each using a
separate GraphicsWindow, this means a separate GraphicsContext for
each view, which in term means that FBO's/texture objects/display
lists have be duplicated for each context, unless you enable sharing
of contexts, but this itself introduces other problems.

The best thing you could do would be to create a single GraphicsWindow
and then share this between all your Views, you then won't have an
problems with rendering order and sharing of textures or FBOs as it'll
all be on one graphics context.  See the sogcompositeviewer example
for how to set up the Views/Camera & GraphicsWindow.

Robert.