[osg-users] osgCairo, osgPango

Jean-Sébastien Guay jean-sebastien.guay at cm-labs.com
Thu Sep 18 17:52:11 PDT 2008

Hi all,

> Unfortunately, it looks like it will be a bit difficult to get them to
> compile on Windows, because the CMake scripts want to use pkg-config to
> find cairo, pango and pangocairo, but no such thing exists on Win32
> (unless using MinGW or cygwin I imagine...).

Uh, sorry, disregard that, looks like it will be easier than I thought.
The Pango downloads page points you to Glib (actually GTK+ and
dependencies) binaries for Windows, which include pkg-config, as well as
Pango and Cairo binaries.

http://www.gtk.org/download-windows.html (All-in-one bundle)

So I just downloaded that, unzipped it where I wanted, added the bin/
directory to my PATH, and ran CMake. Then pkg-config was found by CMake
and it found Cairo, Pango and pangocairo just fine.

In the hope that my wandering will help someone in the future...

J-S
Jean-Sebastien Guay    jean-sebastien.guay at cm-labs.com
                                http://www.cm-labs.com/
                         http://whitestar02.webhop.org/