[osg-users] Problems with multi-monitor and DrawThreadPerContext mode

Robert Osfield robert.osfield at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 12:43:01 PDT 2008

Hi Serge,

On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 5:36 PM, Serge Lages <serge.lages at gmail.com> wrote:
> As a side note, setting a drawable to DYNAMIC protects it from being
> modified by the update traversal,

No, it doesn't affect your ability to update, it doesn't affect the
update traversal at all, it's just a hint from the app developer to
the draw traversal that that object will be updated, so drawables and
stateset that you update in the update traversal should have a
DataVariance of DYNAMIC, the rest should be STATIC.

> but if I remove a drawable (or its geode)
> from the scene during the update, do I need to set it to DYNAMIC too ? In
> other words, drawables in STATIC mode are the only ones which are never
> modified nor removed from the scene ?

Adding or removing Drawable or StateSet is safe, you don't need to
protect this at all as the draw traversal retains it's own references
to prevent the objects from getting deleted.