[osg-users] osgdem segmentation fault

Jean-Sébastien Guay jean-sebastien.guay at cm-labs.com
Thu Sep 18 11:28:03 PDT 2008

Hi Ben,

> That said, I'd like to know what are the odds if I try to generate the
> terrain from another computer but still load it on this machine? That
> is, does the terrain paging/rendering process touches the pixel buffer
> part that's known now not working?

It should load, as osgdem's use of pbuffers is entirely for
preprocessing of textures and such. The results of which are saved to
textures and then when viewing they just need to be loaded. As to how
fast it would be, I can't really say, but with integrated graphics I
wouldn't hold my breath...

J-S
Jean-Sebastien Guay    jean-sebastien.guay at cm-labs.com
                                http://www.cm-labs.com/