[osg-users] osgdem segmentation fault

benben benhongh at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 06:35:19 PDT 2008

Robert Osfield wrote:
> Hi Ben,
>
> Thanks for the extra info.   The segfault without any options suggests
> a build issue or link issue of some kind.
>
> Could you provide the stack trace?

Sure, the core file reads

#0  0x00007fa215d13af2 in ?? () from /usr/lib/libGL.so.1
#1  0x00007fa216c730d9 in osgViewer::PixelBufferX11::init ()
    from /usr/lib/libosgViewer.so.6
#2  0x00007fa216c73788 in osgViewer::PixelBufferX11::PixelBufferX11 ()
    from /usr/lib/libosgViewer.so.6
#3  0x00007fa216c6fd27 in
X11WindowingSystemInterface::createGraphicsContext ()
    from /usr/lib/libosgViewer.so.6
#4  0x000000000040ae91 in main ()

It seems it's more of a OSG/OpenGL problem than a osgdem related one.
But I have been writing a few OSG apps and they don't seem to have any
segfault problems. If it is in fact non-osgdem related, you have my apology.

> VPB and OSG have come along way since 0.9.1 and OSG-2.2 respectively,
> and this week I'll be make dev releases for both VPB and OSG that will
> be matched so these would be a good place to move up to.   VPB itself
> is pretty near its 1.0 status, just a few more weeks left development
> wise.

The only reason I didn't installed the lastest VPB is that I don't want
to rebuild OSG from source. I tried, but despite my best effort to set
environment variables I could't get it to load plug-ins. As my project
deadline is closing in I'd play safe with the working 2.2 OSG installation.

I will give OSG2.6 / VPN1.0 a shot once my project is over.

> Robert.

Thanks,

Ben