[osg-users] Multi-pass rendering in OSG

Thrall, Bryan bryan.thrall at flightsafety.com
Wed Sep 17 14:20:50 PDT 2008

J.P. Delport wrote on Wednesday, September 17, 2008 10:39 AM:

> Hi,
>
> have a look at the osgstereomatch example, there is a multi-pass algo
> example. See the readme of that too.
>
> Also search the list archives for osgPPU.

Thanks for the pointers; osgPPU looks like what I want, but version 0.2
doesn't seem to work with OSG svn HEAD and my network proxy isn't
letting me access osgPPU's svn repo. Oh well, I can copy the concepts
from the source code :)

Does anyone have an answer to the question I asked:

> Thrall, Bryan wrote:
>> It looks, from
>> osgUtil::RenderStage's Camera support, like osg::FrameBufferObject
can't
>> be used simply by adding it to a StateSet, but it needs
>> glCheckFrameBufferStatusEXT after the apply(). Is this a limitation
of
>> osg::FrameBufferObject, or am I missing something?

Note: I'm on Windows XP with an NVIDIA 8800 GPU.
--
Bryan Thrall
FlightSafety International
bryan.thrall at flightsafety.com