[osg-users] Are there any plans for GPGPU utiliziation in OSG?

Robert Osfield robert.osfield at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 11:10:23 PDT 2008

Hi Judie,

You wouldn't integrate GPUPU in the same way as SIMD instructions on
the CPU for matrix operations, rather you'd use it a similar way to
present GLSL programs - that you pack the input a large block of data
with a program and execute it on the GPU then later get the results.

There is OpenGL integration with Cuda and the up coming OpenCL which
might make it useful for combining things like physics and effects
with geometry and textures in the scene.

I don't forsee the OSG being a general route into GPUPU, the OSG is a
scene graph for representing scenes and rendering it.

Robert.