[osg-users] Camera control and view matrix

Robert Osfield robert.osfield at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 08:06:44 PDT 2008

Hi Renan,

On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 3:30 PM, Renan Mendes <renanmzmendes at gmail.com> wrote:
>     I need some references on camera control and view matrices. The tutorial
> in OSG's website is outdated, for it still makes use of osg::Producer. Can
> anyone send me a few suggestions?

Which pages in particular still reference Producer?  Most should have
been ported across.

As for examples of manage the view matrix, there should be examples in
the archives, but in the end it all boils down to not using a
CameraManipuilator and instead calling on each frame:

  viewer.getCamera()->setViewMatrix(viewMatrix);

Or just writing your own CameraManipulator, as per
src/osgGA/TrackballManipulator.cpp etc.

I think that OpenSceneGraph Quick Start Guide might briefly cover this
topic to so grab a download of the book and read through it.