[osg-users] DataVariance

Tomlinson, Gordon GTOMLINSON at overwatch.textron.com
Wed Sep 17 05:59:39 PDT 2008

The rule of thumb is that the  Data Variance should be set to DYNAMIC on instances that change once that have been added to the Scenegraph. The short reason why is that this allows the Cull and draw threads to correctly handle and stage any changes that may be made in the app threads to the instances

Gordon

Gordon Tomlinson

Product Manager 3D
Email  : gtomlinson @ overwatch.textron.com

(C): (+1) 571-265-2612
(W): (+1) 703-437-7651

"Self defence is not a function of learning tricks
but is a function of how quickly and intensely one
can arouse one's instinct for survival"
- Master Tambo Tetsura