[osg-users] Setting minimum hardward/drivers specs for osgVolume to OpenGL 2.0 era hardware

Adrian Egli OpenSceneGraph (3D) 3dhelp at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 04:42:30 PDT 2008

Hi Robert,

For volume rendering we can ask for OpenGL 2.0 / GLSL shaders. for me no
problem. most of the volumes are huge and big objects, and so we need modern
hardware.
I saw that you added a new library called osgVolume,  what is planned for
the near feature: ?

( ? ) color / transparency transfer function (1D)
( ? ) shading / lighting
( ? ) multi volume fusion
( ? ) ...
( ? ) image processing or should we adapt ITK as image processing library
(DICOM,...)

/adrian