[osg-users] Image::isImageTranslucent() failed when using DXT3 dds texture

amalric alexandre alex.pixxim at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 05:29:47 PDT 2008

Hi Ulrich,

Ok I understand what you mean, so the perfect solution would be to integrate
a third part lib like squich to decompress DXT3 and parse alpha channel to
know if image is translucent or not ?
Unfortunately my task list is full, I hope to have some time to developp
such thing.
Regards,

2008/9/16 Ulrich Hertlein <u.hertlein at sandbox.de>

> Hi Amalric,
>
> amalric alexandre wrote:
> > Is it possible to add the
> >
> > GL_COMPRESSED_RGBA_S3TC_DXT3_EXT
> >
> > format for the moment ?
> >
> > I've found at
> > http://www.oldunreal.com/editing/s3tc/ARB_texture_compression.pdf

> > DXT3 seems to bee like RGBA, are you ok to add :
>
> DXT3 contains RGBA channels but is compressed so the fix you're suggesting
> won't work
> since there's no way to figure out the value of the alpha channel without
> decompressing
> the DXT3 data.
>
> /ulrich

Alexandre AMALRIC Ingénieur R&D