[osg-users] Paul, Another FLT Export BUG.

Paul Martz pmartz at skew-matrix.com
Sun Sep 14 15:49:35 PDT 2008

change your data to use BIND_PER_VERTEX.

Details:  No surprise, the code doesn't really support this, it just
interprets the normal array as if the binding were BIND_PER_VERTEX, so you
get some bogus normals when it indexes off the end of the array.  It looks
like there might be a similar issue if the color binding is
BIND_PER_PRIMITIVE.

The fix might be to convert the incoming color and normal arrays to
BIND_PER_VERTEX. However,  such code would get very complicated if there are
multiple PrimitiveSets attached to a single Geometry, and the PrimitiveSets
use different modes. Also, I believe the exporter support BIND_OVERALL for
color by storing the color in one place, so we wouldn't want to break that
by converting all the color data to BIND_PER_VERTEX.

Need to think some more.
   -Paul