[osg-users] HMD and Manipulators

alessandro terenzi a.terenzi at gmail.com
Sun Sep 14 12:43:16 PDT 2008

Thank you for your answers.

 I was thinking about using a CameraManipulator because I thought it was
esier than using the HMD's SDK...at least just to carry on some simple
experiments and because I still cannot use the SDK. Of course I'll switch to
my HMD's SDK as soon as I can.

The TrackballManipulator was actually my very first choice, indeed I (maybe
too quickly) tried to modify it in order to allow camera movements without
the need of mouse buttons pressure, but maybe I did it the wrong way, 'cause
I don't know how manipulators work. Anyway I think that the effect I'm
trying to achive is exactly the same as a TrackballManipulator but without
the need to press the left mouse button...any hint about how to modify that
manipulator in the desired way?

Thanks.
Alessandro