[osg-users] Problem with Optimizer - FLATTEN_STATIC_TRANSFORMS

Robert Osfield robert.osfield at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 12:36:06 PDT 2008

Hi Gerwin & Brian,

>From you accounts, my guess is that the .dae plugin is loading
geometry with shared vertex arrays, then the
FlattenStaticTransformVisitor is flattening the geometry but not
properly recognizing that fact that shared vertices straddle two
separately transformed subgraphs.

I recall this problem arising before and think that a fix was
submitted and checked in for it, but perhaps this wasn't resolved.
Have a look through the svn log for Optimizer.cpp.

Robert.