[osg-users] GUI - HUD

Jeremy Moles jeremy at emperorlinux.com
Thu Sep 11 06:47:41 PDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-09-11 at 11:35 +0100, Robert Osfield wrote:
> Hi Julen,
>
> On Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 11:11 AM, Julen García <julen.garcia at yahoo.es> wrote:
> > As I'm beginner, maybe it is better start with osgWidget if CEGUI can cause
> > some problems. But I'm using osg 2.4. Can I use osgWidget, or I have to
> > download the 2.6 version.
>
> For osgWidget you'll need to use OSG-2.6.

There are, of course, still many things missing in osgWidget, but I'm
working on those as fast as I can. :) The two biggest things are a good
Input widget (osgText changes needed, or be willing to use the osgPango
nodekit I'm writing) and to finish the styling interfaces, so folk don't
have to call the same ->set* functions on every widget 9 billion times.

However, everything I've seen in the screenshots you've provided thus
far (minus the input box) is absolutely possible w/ osgWidget right now,
although you might have to use my osgWidget branch for it. :)