[osg-users] fish eye projection

Robert Osfield robert.osfield at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 05:02:34 PDT 2008

Hi Flilip,

The .view format is still in a very early stage of development, so
only supports a select range of convenience methods that are provided
in the osgViewer::View::setUpView*() methods.  The OSG also has
Producer .cfg plugin which allows you to use Producer configuration
files, these are more feature rich that the present .view in terms of
controlling windows, viewports, projections and view matrices and
their offsets, but doesn't support any distortion correction so won't
be of use to you.

The dome distortion correction that is provided .view and
you need another type of dome correction then you'll need to roll you
own setup.  The View::setUp*() methods and the distortion examples
should provide a useful guide.

Diving into 3rd party libs for setting up the rendering I'd personally
avoid as they'll just complicate your application, and will limit the
threading options you have in your viewer.

Robert.