[osg-users] osgTerrain::TerrainTile question

Robert Osfield robert.osfield at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 02:10:45 PDT 2008

Hi Nicolas,

I think you have got the wrong end of the stick.  I was suggesting
TerraPage as an illustration of how cultural data (3d models) can be
stored in with the tiles on disk.  In vis-sim industry TerraPage is
well known so I used it as as a case in point to save typing lots...

FYI, The OSG's TerraPage plugin uses the PagedLOD and the
DatabasePager under the hood to provide it's paging functionality.

In your case the problem is about creating databases not actually
rendering them - as the OSG will do all the paging, and threading for
you thanks the DatabasePager and other related classes.  The
DatabasePage doesn't help you create databases, it's tools like
VirtualPlanetBuilder that do this, but... right now VPB doesn't
support insertion of cultural data into the tiles, so you'll need post
process the database to insert this data.

Robert.