[osg-users] osgTerrain::TerrainTile question

Robert Osfield robert.osfield at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 00:45:39 PDT 2008

Hi Nicolas,

osgTerrain::TerrainTile was named osgTerrain::Terrain in 2.2.
osgTerrain since 2.2 was evolved to be more rounded and functional,
the naming was changed to better fit what goes on in big paged
database, when the Terrain is composed of a hierarchy of TerrainTile.
There is now a new class class osgTerrain::Terrain which represent the
high level representation of the terrain.

In your case loading 3D models with terrain is something that we be
best done be pre-processing your data so that the 3D models are
inserted into a paged database.  If you are familiar with TerraPage
then this ideal should be familiar to you.

Robert.