[osg-users] osgviewerQT --QOSGWidget cannot create context?

Jean-Sébastien Guay jean-sebastien.guay at cm-labs.com
Tue Sep 9 06:04:20 PDT 2008

Hi Robert,

> I'm no QT or Windows expert so I'll just have to guess at what might
> be up.  The pixel format error sounds a bit like what was an issue in
> the early days of osgviewerMFC - in that the pixel format of the
> underlying window has to be created specifically to support the pixel
> format that the graphics context is created with.  I don't recall the
> exact details but perhaps this hint can set you off in the right
> direction.

Hm, interesting, I hadn't thought of the underlying window. I'll check
how it's created and see if there's a mismatch there.

> On side note, one of the things I'd like to see for the osgViewer
> library is for us to migrate standard GraphicsWindow implementations
> for the major GUI toolkits from the examples into
> include/osgViewer/api/.  If we can keep these implementations purely
> done in the header then we won't need to compile the osgViewer library
> itself against them, and just have them there in case users want to
> use that Windowing toolkit.   The implementations will need to be a
> fully thread capable, so not use the GraphicsWindowEmbedded feature.

That sounds like a good improvement, and in the case of Qt seems like
it's pretty simple since all the work is already done, it just needs to
be moved to the right place. I'll see if I can work this out once I have
a handle on how it all works.

Thanks,

J-S
Jean-Sebastien Guay    jean-sebastien.guay at cm-labs.com