[osg-users] 3rdParty Plugins Visual Studio 2008

Jean-Sébastien Guay jean-sebastien.guay at cm-labs.com
Tue Sep 9 05:59:03 PDT 2008

Hi Matthias,

> nice to hear that we share that beleif. My zip lacks the mfc dlls and
> LDAP support in curllib. That's it.

Yes, well you can't do MFC with the Express versions of course, so
anyone who wants/needs to do MFC will already have the Professional
version which includes it, so there's no real point in putting the DLLs
for that in your package.

I honestly don't understand those who scoff at the Express editions,
it's a great tool that does what it's supposed to, and opens up the best
IDE for Win32 development to people who don't have the resources to buy
the commercial versions. MS might have ulterior motives of course, but I
just tend to ignore those and use whatever tool is best for the job I
want to do :-)

J-S
Jean-Sebastien Guay    jean-sebastien.guay at cm-labs.com
                                http://www.cm-labs.com/