[osg-users] Dependencies on openscenegraph.org SVN

Robert Osfield robert.osfield at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 02:14:08 PDT 2008

Hi J-S,

Your suggested scheme looks reasonable to me.  I think in the case of
Linux we might want to use something like linux_x86, linux_x86_64 as
potentially one can build the OSG on non x86 platforms (such as
Itanium).   In the case of OSG binaries we'd also need to version them
in the same scheme as the current tags are done for the OSG.

We also need the volunteers to come forward to maintain the binaries,
and get each platform documented about how to go about build the
binaries so that the we distribute the load of making binaries, and
keep them consistent in structure and quality.

Once some consensus bubbles to the top I'll create the svn directories
that we can use as a base, and collect the maintainers details so that
Jose Luiso can set the password access up for them.

One this is set then one of our first tasks would be to create some
OSG-2.6 and OSX windows binaries as we have none so far.

Cheers,
Robert.