[osg-users] osgviewerQT --QOSGWidget cannot create context?

Jean-Sébastien Guay jean-sebastien.guay at cm-labs.com
Mon Sep 8 11:53:33 PDT 2008

Hi Jeremy,

> Qt as the application's "encompassing" GUI or are you going to use Qt
> somehow to also create GUI widgets in your GL scene? I've seen a lot of
> traffic about this lately and have begun to wonder if I'm
> misunderstanding. :)

Yeah, in my case I'll have a widget in my app that does OSG, and other
widgets that do the GUI outside of the OpenGL scene (strictly 2D GUI
widgets in the windowing system - geez, being unambiguous is hard work
:-) ). Think 3D Studio Max or something like that, with subwindows that
you can dock into the main window, etc.

I've also seen people saying they're using Qt to draw widgets inside
their OpenGL scene, it's intriguing but a) I have no need for that yet,
and b) by the time I have that need, I expect osgWidget to be fully
developed :-)

Sorry for the confusion,

J-S
Jean-Sebastien Guay    jean-sebastien.guay at cm-labs.com