[osg-users] 3rdParty Plugins Visual Studio 2008

Jean-Sébastien Guay jean-sebastien.guay at cm-labs.com
Mon Sep 8 10:12:31 PDT 2008

Hello Robert,

No problem, reply when you can, it's not a really high priority subject
at this point as we're just discussing options...

> I don't have a problem with hosting binaries on openscenegraph.org or
> the svn, it seems a natural fit.

I really like Mike's setup on the osgtoy svn, so I'd suggest starting
with that but just transposing it to the main OSG SVN. There could then
be branches for different platforms/compilers, and it would all be under
the same tree. Add Matthias' precompiled dependencies to that. I think
that would be a great start.

There's also no reason why this couldn't apply to other platforms too,
so for example was it the Debian binaries that are on some developer's
web site (Loic Dachary?) and could be brought into this structure.

> Might I suggest the maintenance crew could be widened to encompass
> engineers willing/able to help build dependencies and binaries as well
> as just the source maintenance of stable releases.

Yes, that would be a must. Different maintainers could have control over
different branches in this setup, so someone who has access to platform
X and compiler Y would have access to the correct branch.

Perhaps we should start a discussion about this under a new title (new
thread) and ask who would be willing to compile / maintain some binaries
/ dependencies on different platforms?

J-S
Jean-Sebastien Guay    jean-sebastien.guay at cm-labs.com
                                http://www.cm-labs.com/